INTERNATIONAL RIMFIRE POSTAL CLUB RULES
1. Rimfire only: .22 and .17 Cal. matches scored separately.
2. 50 yards/50 meters - your choice.
3. Benchrest w/sandbag front and rear, no vises/one piece rests. Sand bags of cloth or leather.
4. Weight of gun - Open
5. Style of stock - Open
6. Power of scope - Open, except for the Plinker class, which is limited to 9X.
7. Target scoring: Break ring, next score up, X count for ties
8. Target used is the USBR 25 Bull Target w/3-sighter bulls. One shot in each of the 25 and as many as you want in the sighters.
9. All targets marked by match director except for overseas shooters who can send their score by e-mail along with a close-up digital picture of their target to reduce postage costs. All targets that would set a new record must be returned un-scored by USPS to the Match Director.
10. Match dates will be such that shooters will have at least 4 week-ends to shoot their targets.
11. One non-shooting witness to sign the targets with their name, address, telephone number, date, and location of the range on the target.
12. Several shooters may get together to shoot their targets and use the same witness. Location and date to be on all targets.
13. Top scoring target (one each for .22, Plinker, & .17 if entered) for each competitor will be listed in a match bulletin and posted at the BenchRest Central/USBR website.
14. The top shooter (both Senior & Junior divisions) in each class for each match will receive an award pin and certificate. Second place shooters will receive a certificate. Each year a plaque will be awarded to the top shooter in each division (Senior & Junior) for both .22 and .17 Cal. rimfire disciplines and for the Plinker Class using the aggregate (total of best 3-targets for the year with X-count used to break ties) scoring method.
15. Classes (See USBR rule book for basic class restrictions and apply the following to that base):
Plinker (.22 cal. only): Not an actual target rifle. Tube magazines, pumps, levers and some clip fed rifles fall into this category. USBR rules state a rifle with a current value of $200. If you use a scope that is capable of a setting higher then the 9X limit; have the 9X setting verified and noted on the target by your witness.
Sporter: No modifications can be made to the action, trigger group, barrel or stock as manufactured by the manufacturer. Actions may be bedded. Barrels may be "floated". Triggers may be polished. Stocks cannot be modified, and must be convex on all bottom surfaces. Barrels can be recrowned, but must stay within ½" of the original length. Manufactures name must be stamped into the barrel.
Custom: Weight limited to 10.5 lbs including sights. Stock no wider than 3"
Unlimited: Anything goes that does not break any Federal, State or local laws.
Senior Division (16 years and older)
Junior Division (younger than 16 yrs old)
17. Score classes.
Master: Scores of 240 to 250
Expert: Scores of 230 to 239
Sharpshooter: Scores of 220 to 229
Marksman: Scores of 210 to 219
Novice: Scores of 209 and lower
18. All targets to be shot outdoors.
19. Competitor must sign all targets submitted for all matches. Competitor, by his signature attests, that the target being submitted for scoring was shot in accordance to the International Rimfire Postal Match Club rules in effect for that match.
Return to Postal Club home page.